Working in collaboration with members of the Think. Check. Submit. (TCS) Committee, this part-time, flexible role involves communicating key messages and news relating to the campaign, helping to strengthen the TCS brand, and building on previous work to raise awareness within the research and library community. It also involves maintaining the TCS website (built on WordPress), social media and communication channels, and ensuring the initiative maintains momentum through regular meetings and updates with Committee members.
- Ensure that the website is kept up-to-date with additions and changes requested by the Committee
- Monitor the wider environment and make suggestions for additional features or improvements to the website
- Site maintenance:
- Use the WordPress admin panel (applying updates, security patches, PHP upgrades etc, monitoring plugins and comments)
- Work with with our site hosts, Vidahost DNS updates, security certificates and domain renewals etc
- Monitor traffic and other usage stats
- Coordinate communications with translators and be their point of contact
- Find new languages for the checklists to be translated into
- Liaise with translators to update the existing 40+ translations to incorporate content added in 2020-21 and then ensure that translations continue to be updated to reflect new content.
- Write press releases and news stories and target them appropriately to maximise coverage
- Update on new resources and TCS activities
- Monitor the wider environment and makes suggestions for additional news items
- Share news content via newsletters, social media and direct communication with relevant publications
- Ensure that all news is published on the TCS website
- Coordinate articles in key media, including working with translators where needed
- Edit and publish the TCS newsletter to a regular schedule.
- Set mailing dates with TCS committee
- Gather and edit content
- Work with COPE to create the newsletters
- Circulate for approval
- Ensure the TCS mailing list at Mailchimp is up-to-date and GDPR compliant.
- Manage and grow TCS’s social media presence especially, but not limited to:
- Update and make available education tools and promotional materials about TCS
Representation of TCS
- Act as a first point of contact to queries that come into the TCS email inbox
- Provide an initial response/acknowledgement to all messages received
- Feed queries to/seek advice from the TCS committee as appropriate
- Attending meetings (mainly virtual) of the committee and reporting on ongoing projects/campaigns as well as compiling the minutes of the meetings
About Think. Check. Submit.
Think. Check. Submit. helps researchers identify trusted journals and publishers for their research. Through a range of tools and practical resources, this international, cross-sector initiative aims to educate researchers, promote integrity, and build trust in credible research and publications.
The campaign has been produced with the support of a coalition from across scholarly communications in response to discussions about deceptive publishing.